While going through Ali’s epic blog once again, I decided to finally answer the questions she had asked for her personality quiz. I hope the deal’s still on Ali, and you will leave some wonderful feedback for me!
I want to keep it short and not give too much insight on why I chose my answer, because that’s what Ali will figure out herself! Let’s hope I can keep to my promise…
1. If you could be a flower, which one would you choose and why?
A dark purple tulip. It is simple, yet it symbolizes royalty.
I actually wanted to be a thorny, majestic, purple rose. Until I found out that it is artificially synthesized. For me, that symbolizes the fact that I want to be or have become what society wants me to be.
I will never be ‘man-made’.
2. If you could be a living creature (animal, bird, fish, reptile), which one would you choose and why?
A fly on the wall.
I think the “why” is self-explanatory!
3. Which season of the year suits your personality best and why?
It is not only my favourite season, it is also, quite simply, me!
It is misunderstood. People think it is frigid and unrelenting. Cold. Hard. But they do not know the hidden joys of winter.
The hot chocolate, the warm quilt, the family around the fireplace and the warmth at the core underneath all the ice…
4. If you could choose a birth-sign/birth month, which one would it be and why?
I would never change my birth-month even if I had the opportunity to, although I have always liked the star-sign Leo. A lion. A leader.
But unfortunately birth-sign and birth-month go hand in hand.
So a stubborn old goat it is!
5. If you could be a tree, which one would you choose and why?
There are not many trees I know about. But I would like to be one of these two:
An old and mighty oak. Who has seen and garnered the wisdom of centuries. Or a papyrus plant in Ancient Egypt. It’s not technically a tree, but I would really like to be one of the mediums on which ancient knowledge was written!
6. If you could be a planet, which one would you be and why?
Earth. So I could provide life to billions of lesser beings. So I could be the medium on which God decided to exile his man.
Yes, humans would ravage me, but I will still try my best to sustain them and I will suffer the pain quietly.
7. If you could go back to the past, which period of history would you choose and why?
Early 19th century England. So I could live in the Victorian Era without wearing petticoats and lace gloves.
I would want to spark a women’s right movement there so that in an alternate universe, men would be the one treated like property, not women.
Also, I have a thing for gowns, Jane Austen, and the Scarlet Plumiere…
8. If you could be an item of clothing, what would it be and why?
I’ve been stuck on this question for the last 10 minutes! I have no idea what I would be. Maybe a simple pair of jeans? Reliable, sturdy, practical. Not pretty at all, but definitely useful!
9. If you could be a smell/taste, what would it/they be and why?
If i could be a smell, I would be that delicious earthy scent of the wet dirt after rain. I have heard my UK relatives say that there it isn’t as potent as in Pakistan. But I would like to be that smell because it’s fresh, natural and it just makes me happy.
If I could be a taste, I will definitely be salty. Being sweet is oh-so-very cute. But after a while, you get tired of sugar and need to eat a little bite of something salty to get the balance back.
10. Which country/town/county/state is most YOU in the world, and why?
Moscow, Russia. Cold, colorful, historically and culturally rich, modern. A wonderful blend of history, skyscrapers, wealth and nature.
If only I could see it…
11. If you could be a slab of chocolate, which one would you be and why?
Just plain milk chocolate. Simple, smooth, delicious.
12. If you could choose a name for yourself, what would it be and why?
I love my own name very much. But if I ever have to change it, I will choose Aaliyah. It means, exalted; rise; ascend in Arabic and also in Hebrew.
Over to Alienora for the verdict!