Photo: Grim Reaper in Ray Ban Wayfarers by Paullus 23 @ DeviantArt
I find the concept of a Bucket List highly depressing. Why should I make up a list of things I want to do before I die? It only makes me visualize my death. Why shouldn’t I, instead, make a list of things I want to do while I live? This confusion was the reason I have never made or even thought about making a Bucket List.
Since I am at this time a living entity of flesh and bones, and not just dust in the wind, I shall write my list accordingly.
Here are some of the things I want to do in/with my life:
- First, I want to travel. While I live and before I die, I want my passport to be stamped with visits to Russia, Italy, France, Ireland, Egypt, Greece, Maldives, Malaysia, Alaska and Japan. Basically, I want to travel around the world!
- Visit the House of Allah in Mecca
- Visit Disneyland
- Have coffee in a roadside Parisian cafe with a view of the Eiffel Tower
- Backpack through the whole of Europe
- Cross the Holland/Belgium border on foot
- Travel across America in a Chevrolet Impala ’69
- Dye my hair purple. This point will be checked off soon!
- Go to prom.
- Work at a coffee shop
- Be called beautiful
- Try a cigarette
- Act in a Hollywood blockbuster along with Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum and Jennifer Lawrence.
- Record a song with Linkin Park.
- Spend one whole day at a water park and go on the rides many times
- Stay at the Burj Dubai, the Ritz and the Plaza
- Drive a Ferrari, a Lamborghini and a Bugatti
- Go on a cruise
- Have my own private airplane
- Live independently
- Learn how to swim and then have a vacation somewhere on the beach
- Eat pasta in Italy
- Eat chocolate eclairs in Paris
- Explore every inch of my country and travel in it by train
- Build a (glass) house in the Margalla Hills
- Live inside the gingerbread house from Hansel & Gretel
- Meet a POTUS and a FLOTUS
- Meet the Dalai Lama and Ban Ki Moon
- Meet Elizabeth II
- Dine with Morgan Freeman
- Dine with David Boyd
- Be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company
- Visit Google Inc. HQ
- Be a billionaire
- Have a gothic romance with a happy ending
- Design a dress for a famous personality
- Have a novel published
- Have a film made on my novel
- Lastly, I want to experience all human emotions and activities, that my 19-year-old self have no idea of.
I will keep adding to this list as time passes…